By Shelley Powers
Ajax can deliver many benefits to an present internet program with out forcing you to redo the whole lot. This publication explains how one can upload Ajax to reinforce, instead of change, the best way your program works. for example, when you have a standard internet software in accordance with filing a kind to replace a desk, you could improve it by means of including the aptitude to replace the desk with adjustments to the shape fields, with no really having to publish the shape. that is only one example.
Adding Ajax is for these of you extra drawn to extending latest functions than in growing wealthy web purposes (RIA). the "business-side" of applications-web kinds, server-side pushed pages, and static content-and now you must make your web content livelier, extra enjoyable, and lots more and plenty extra interactive. This book:
- Provides an summary of Ajax applied sciences, and the significance of constructing a method for altering your web site ahead of you sit to code
- Explains the guts and soul of Ajax: find out how to paintings with the XMLHttpRequest object
- Introduces and demonstrates a number of vital Ajax libraries, together with Prototype, script.aculo.us, rico, Mochikit
- Explores the interactive point that's Ajax, together with the way to paintings with occasions and occasion handlers that paintings throughout browsers
- Introduces the concept that of online page as house, and covers 3 renowned ways to handling net space
- Explains easy methods to make facts updates, together with including new information, deleting, and making updates, all from inside of a unmarried page
- Describes the results Ajax has at the Web-breaking the again button, wasting browser historical past, dynamic results that disappear whilst the web page is refreshed, and more
- Covers complicated CSS results, together with drag and drop "scroll bars", pagination, and using SVG and the Canvas object
- Explores mashups-Ajax's skill to mix facts from assorted internet providers in any variety of methods, at once in our internet pages
You need not begin over to exploit Ajax. you could easily upload to what you have already got. This ebook explains how.
Read Online or Download Adding Ajax PDF
Best User Experience Usability books
Michael Ströbel labored for a number of years as a software program engineer and advisor within the German IT prior to becoming a member of IBM learn in Switzerland, the place he constructed his curiosity in help for negotiations in digital markets. in the course of his occupation in learn, he has released numerous articles in this subject in significant overseas meetings and journals and got a PhD from the collage of St.
Person Interface layout for Mere Mortals takes the secret out of designing powerful interfaces for either laptop and net purposes. it's endorsed analyzing for somebody who desires to offer clients in their software program with interfaces which are intuitive and easy-to-use. the foremost to any profitable software lies in offering an interface clients not just take pleasure in interacting with yet which additionally saves time, gets rid of frustration, and will get the activity performed with no less than attempt.
In February 1996, a chess-playing machine often called Deep Blue made historical past through defeating the reigning global chess champion, Gary Kasparov, in a video game performed below fit stipulations. Kasparov went directly to win the six-game fit 4-2 and on the finish of the fit introduced that he believed that chess computing had come of age.
This e-book presents the best presently to be had overviews of human-computer interplay throughout assorted cultures, disciplines and nations. It includes the chosen court cases of have interaction '95 - the 5th foreign convention on Human-Computer interplay - prepared through the overseas Federation for details Processing and held in Lillehammer, Norway, in June 1995.
Extra info for Adding Ajax