Covers the complete background of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the current, in a single handy, complete reference resource.
• 511 A–Z biographical, geographical, and topic entries on polar exploration corresponding to canine, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and significant explorers corresponding to Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
• broad number of images, many taken by means of day trip participants
• vibrant illustrations, together with woodcuts and drawings
• 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
• Chronology of expeditions starting with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. in the course of the present
Read or Download Exploring Polar Frontiers [2 volumes]: A Historical Encyclopedia PDF
Best Encyclopedias Subject Guides books
This article investigates company Integration Portals (EIPs), and discusses tips to use them for the luck of a enterprise. It explains the basic constitution of the ebusiness setting and indicates the best way to increase thoughts to permit the company approach to proceed. The publication covers the influence of know-how, the demanding situations for business-to-business businesses, the function of the portal, easy methods to minimize expenditures and improve net entry even as, the way to improve company intelligence, safety, customer support on the net, and extra.
This version of Macbeth is principally designed for college students, with available on-page notes and explanatory illustrations, transparent history details, and rigorous yet available scholarly credentials. This variation contains illustrations, initial notes, studying lists (including web pages) and lecture room notes, permitting scholars to grasp Shakespeare's paintings.
Within the New Oxford ebook of Literary Anecdotes, grasp anthologist John Gross brings jointly a tasty smorgasbord of literary stories, delivering impressive new perception into essentially the most very important writers in heritage. some of the anecdotes listed below are humorous, others are touching, outrageous, sinister, inspiring, or downright bizarre.
Additional resources for Exploring Polar Frontiers [2 volumes]: A Historical Encyclopedia