The Routledge Encyclopedia of Walt Whitman provides a accomplished source complied by way of over two hundred the world over famous individuals, together with such prime Whitman students as James E. Miller, Jr., Roger Asselineau, Betsy Erkkila, and Joel Myerson.
Now on hand for the 1st time in paperback, this quantity includes greater than 750 entries prepared in handy alphabetical structure. assurance contains:
- biographical details: all names, dates, areas, and occasions very important to figuring out Whitman's lifestyles and career
- Whitman's works: essays on all 8 variants of "Leaves of Grass," significant poems and poem clusters, imperative essays and prose works, in addition to his greater than dozen brief tales and the unconventional, Franklin Evans
- prominent topics and ideas: essays on such significant themes as democracy, slavery, the Civil struggle, immortality, sexuality, and the women's rights movement.
- significant types and methods: resembling prosody, symbolism, loose verse, and humour
- important traits and significant methods in Whitman stories: together with new historicist and cultural feedback, mental explorations, and arguable problems with sexual identity
- surveys of Whitman's overseas influence in addition to an evaluate of his literary legacy.
Useful for college kids, researchers, librarians, lecturers, and Whitman devotees, this quantity good points huge cross-references, a number of images of the poet, a chronology, a different appendix part monitoring the poet's family tree, and a radical index. every one access contains a bibliography for extra study.
Read Online or Download The Routledge Encyclopedia of Walt Whitman PDF
Similar Encyclopedias Subject Guides books
This article investigates company Integration Portals (EIPs), and discusses easy methods to use them for the luck of a company. It explains the basic constitution of the ebusiness atmosphere and exhibits tips on how to strengthen innovations to allow the company approach to proceed. The publication covers the influence of expertise, the demanding situations for business-to-business businesses, the function of the portal, tips to minimize expenditures and improve web entry even as, how one can improve company intelligence, safety, customer support on the internet, and extra.
This variation of Macbeth is principally designed for college students, with available on-page notes and explanatory illustrations, transparent historical past info, and rigorous yet available scholarly credentials. This variation contains illustrations, initial notes, analyzing lists (including web content) and school room notes, permitting scholars to grasp Shakespeare's paintings.
Within the New Oxford publication of Literary Anecdotes, grasp anthologist John Gross brings jointly a tasty smorgasbord of literary stories, delivering outstanding new perception into probably the most vital writers in historical past. some of the anecdotes listed below are humorous, others are touching, outrageous, sinister, inspiring, or downright bizarre.
Extra info for The Routledge Encyclopedia of Walt Whitman