Drawn from the award-winning 5-volume Encyclopedia of War, this worthwhile, one-volume reference offers readers with crucial details at the conflicts and ideas that formed worldwide struggle within the twentieth-century and as much as the current day.
- Provides crucial assurance of twentieth-century war around the world
- Incorporates entries on all significant wars, conflicts and ideas within the examine of struggle in the course of the period
- Features distinct assurance of the 1st and moment international Wars, in addition to conflicts together with the Russo-Japanese conflict, the Greco-Turkish battle, the Falklands clash, the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, the Gulf Wars, the battle opposed to Terrorism, and the Somalian Civil War
- Covers themes together with chemical battle, ethnic detoxing, mental struggle, and ladies and war
- Creates an affordable and convenient own reference for college students of contemporary and modern heritage, specialist students, and armed forces historical past enthusiasts
- Comprises authoritative, updated content material - every one access starting from 1,000 to 6,000 phrases - written through the simplest overseas scholars
Read or Download Twentieth-Century War and Conflict: A Concise Encyclopedia PDF
Similar Encyclopedias Subject Guides books
This article investigates firm Integration Portals (EIPs), and discusses tips on how to use them for the good fortune of a company. It explains the basic constitution of the ebusiness atmosphere and indicates find out how to enhance recommendations to let the company method to proceed. The e-book covers the impression of know-how, the demanding situations for business-to-business businesses, the function of the portal, the best way to minimize charges and increase web entry whilst, find out how to improve enterprise intelligence, protection, customer support on the internet, and extra.
This version of Macbeth is principally designed for college students, with available on-page notes and explanatory illustrations, transparent history details, and rigorous yet obtainable scholarly credentials. This version comprises illustrations, initial notes, analyzing lists (including web content) and school room notes, permitting scholars to grasp Shakespeare's paintings.
Within the New Oxford booklet of Literary Anecdotes, grasp anthologist John Gross brings jointly a tasty smorgasbord of literary stories, delivering remarkable new perception into essentially the most very important writers in background. a few of the anecdotes listed below are humorous, others are touching, outrageous, sinister, inspiring, or downright bizarre.
Extra resources for Twentieth-Century War and Conflict: A Concise Encyclopedia